Service & Outreach - Kostas Bekris
Professional Society Involvement
- Co-chair of the IEEE-RAS Technical Committee on Algorithms for Planning and Control of Robot Motion.
Conference Program Co-Chair
- Motion in Games Conference (MIG), Rennes, France, November 2012. (together with Prof. Marcello Kallmann - UC Merced)
Conference Organizing Committee
- Workshops Co-chair for the “Robotics: Science and Systems” conference (RSS), Berkeley, CA, USA, July 2014. (together with Prof. Sertac Karaman - MIT)
- The 1st International Multiagent Pathfinding Workshop, collocated with the AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), 22 July 2012, Toronto, Ontario, Canada (together with Dr. Nathan Sturtevant, U. of Denver and Dr. Ariel Felner, Ben Gurion University, Israel)
- Workshop on Open Problems and Challenges of Motion Planning, IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 30 Sept. 2011, San Francisco, CA (together with Dr. Tim Bretl, UIUC and Prof. Dan Halperin, Tel-Aviv University, Israel)
- Symposium on the Foundations and Prospects of Sampling-based Motion Planning, Special Symposium celebrating the 50 years of Robotics Research, IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 27 Sept. 2011, San Francisco, CA (Invited to organize - together with Prof. Steve LaValle, UIUC)
- Workshop on Guaranteeing Motion Safety for Robots, Robotics: Science and Systems (RSS), 27 June 2011, Los Angeles, California. (together with Dr. Thierry Fraichard - INRIA, France and Dr. Jur van den Berg -UNC Chapel Hill)
- Workshop on Motion Planning: From Theory to Practice, Robotics: Science and Systems (RSS), June 27 2010, Zaragoza, Spain. (together with Ron Alterovitz - UNC Chapel Hill, Juan Cortes - INRIA, France and Kris Hauser, U. of Indiana)
- Workshop on Algorithmic Motion Planning for Autonomous Robots in Challenging Environments, International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), Oct. 29 2007, San Diego. (together with Lydia Kavraki - Rice University and Manuela Veloso - CMU)
Conference Steering Committee
- Motion in Games, Jan. 2013 - today
- IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA)
- Karlsruhe, Germany, May 6-10, ICRA 2013
- Minneapolis, Minnesota, May 14-18, ICRA 2012
- Shanghai, China, May 9-13, ICRA 2011
- Anchorage, AK, USA, May 3-8, ICRA 2010
- Kobe, Japan, May 12-17, ICRA 2009
- IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS)
- Tokyo, Japan, November 3-7, IROS 2013
- Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal, October 7-12, IROS 2012
- San Francisco, CA, USA, September 25-30, IROS 2011
Program Committee Member
- Robotics-Science and Systems (RSS)
- Berlin, Germany, June 24-28, 9th RSS, 2013
- Sydney, Australia, June 25-29, 8th RSS, 2012
- Los Angeles, CA, USA, June 27-30, 7th RSS, 2011
- Workshop on the Algorithmic Foundations of Robotics (WAFR)
- Boston, MA, USA, October 18, 10th WAFR, 2012
- The AAAI conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI)
- Quebec City, Quebec, Canada, 28th AAAI, July 27-31 2014
- Bellevue, Washington, USA, 27th AAAI, July 14-18 2013
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada, 26th AAAI, July 22-26 2012
- San Francisco, CA, USA, 25th AAAI, August 7-11 2011 (Physically-Grounded AI Track)
- International Symposium on Combinatorial Search (SoCS)
- Seattle area, Washington, USA, 6th SoCS, July 11-13 2013
- International Symposium on Visual Computing (ISVC)
- Las Vegas, NV, Nov. 29 - Dec. 1, ISVC 2009
- International Workshop on Software Cybernetics (IWSC)
- Seoul, Korea, July 19-20, 2010.
- 6th Inter. Conference on Information Technology - New Generations (ITNG)
- Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, April 27-29, 2009.
- International Journal of Robotic Research (IJRR).
- IEEE Transactions on Robotics (IEEE TR), former version: Transactions on Robotics and Automation (TRA).
- IEEE Robotics and Automation Society Magazine (IEEE RAS).
- Autonomous Robots.
- IEEE Transactions on Computational Intelligence and AI in Games (IEEE TCIAIG).
- IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering (IEEE TASE).
- SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization (SICON).
- IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (TMC).
- IFToMM Mechanism and Machine Theory.
- Workshop on the Algorithmic Foundations of Robotics (WAFR).
- Robotics Science and System Conference (RSS).
- IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA).
- IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS).
- AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI).
- European Symposium on Algorithms (ESA).
- Motion in Games conference (MIG).
- Symposium on Search Techniques for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics (STAIR).
- IEEE Cybernetics and Intelligent Systems - Robotics, Automation and Mechatronics (CIS-RAM).
- Robotics Lecture Series (organizing and speaking) - Osher Lifelong Learning Institute - UNR.
- 16 October 2011 and 31 October 2011.
- Summer School for K-12 students
- Participating in the summer school on transportation research: July 2011 at UNR.
- Visits by High-Schools to the Robotics Lab
- 25 March 2011, Davidson Academy of Nevada
- Nevada Bound - Lab tours and presentations to K-12 students visiting the UNR campus
- 20 February 2009, 29 January 2010, 3 December 2010
- UNR STEM Open House
- 18 November 2010
- High-School Visits and Lectures
- 3 November 2010, Davidson Academy of Nevada
- Judge at the Intel International Science & Engineering Fair (Intel ISEF)
- Reno, Nevada, May 10-16 2009