Cogito Ergo Sum.
I am driven by my desire to learn about the mysteries behind the quintessence of thoughts and the world. Emulating thoughts and intelligence borne out of the framework offered by Computer Science gives rise to Algorithmic Robotics. My current research interests lie in motion planning, multi-agent systems, 3D terrain navigation, manipulation planning in clutters and automation techniques.
I did my Bachelors in Technology from National Institute of Technology, Durgapur, in Computer Science and Engineering in 2012. I have worked as a Software Engineer in Novell India Development Center from 2012-2013. I am currently enrolled in the graduate program in Department of Computer Science, under the supervision of Prof. Kostas Bekris.
- Shome, R. and Bekris, K. E. 2017. “Improving the Scalability of Asymptotically Optimal Motion Planning for Humanoid Dual-arm Manipulators“. IEEE International Conference on Humanoid Robots. https://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~kb572/pubs/asymp_optimal_dual_arm.pdf
- Dobson, A. and Solovey, K. and Shome, R. and Halperin, D. and Bekris, K. E. 2017. “Scalable Asymptotically-Optimal Multi-Robot Motion Planning“. IEEE International Symposium on Multi-Robot and Multi-Agent Systems (MRS). https://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~kb572/pubs/scalable_asympt_opt_multi_robot.pdf
- Rennie, C., R. Shome, KE Bekris, and Ferreira A. De Souza. 2016. “A Dataset For Improved Rgbd-Based Object Detection And Pose Estimation For Warehouse Pick-And-Place”. IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters (RA-L) [Also accepted to appear at the 2016 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA)] 1(2): 1179 - 1185. http://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~kb572/pubs/icra16_pose_estimation.pdf.
- Littlefield, Z, S. Zhu, C. Kourtev, Z. Psarakis, R. Shome, A Kimmel, A Dobson, Ferreira A. De Souza, and KE Bekris. 2016. “Evaluating End-Effector Modalities For Warehouse Picking: A Vacuum Gripper Vs A 3-Finger Underactuated Hand”. In 12th IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (IEEE CASE), Fort Worth, TX. https://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~kb572/pubs/apc_grasping_evaluation.pdf.
- Bekris, KE, R. Shome, A Krontiris, and A Dobson. 2015. “Cloud Automation: Precomputing Roadmaps For Flexible Manipulation”. IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine (accepted)(Special Issue on "Emerging Advances and Applications in Automation"). http://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~kb572/pubs/cloud_manipulation.pdf.
- Zhao, M., R. Shome, I. Yochelson, KE Bekris, and E. Kowler. 2014. “An Experimental Study For Identifying Features Of Legible Manipulator Paths”. In International Symposium on Experimental Robotics (ISER), Marrakech/Essaouira, Morocco. http://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~kb572/pubs/ISER_Motion_Legibility.pdf.
- Littlefield, Z, A Krontiris, A Kimmel, A Dobson, R. Shome, and KE Bekris. 2014. “An Extensible Software Architecture For Composing Motion And Task Planners”. In International Conference on Simulation, Modeling, and Programming for Autonomous Robots (SIMPAR), Bergamo, Italy. http://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~kb572/pubs/pracsys_simpar14.pdf.
- Krontiris, A, R. Shome, A Dobson, A Kimmel, and KE Bekris. 2014. “Rearranging Similar Objects With A Manipulator Using Pebble Graphs”. In IEEE-RAS International Conference on Humanoid Robots (HUMANOIDS), Madrid, Spain. http://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~kb572/pubs/Krontiris_Humanoids14_rearrangemen....
- Parth Nanadikar, Rahul Shome, Ashish Dutta. “A potential filed based method for autonomous lunar rover navigation in 3D terrain”. 26th International Conference on CAD/CAM and Factories of the Future, Malaysia, 2011, pp.767-776 .
- Ranked in top 4 in tenth standard qualifying examination conducted by the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education board, 2006
- Ranked in top 4 in twelfth standard qualifying examination conducted by the Indian School Certification board, 2008
- Awarded for Academic Excellence by the Hon'b Governor of West Bengal, 2006, 2008
- Ranked in the top 4 percentile in the All India Engineering Entrance Examination, 2008
- Research Assistant for a project commissioned by Indian Space Research Association, IIT Kanpur, 2011
- Graduated Bachelor in Technology in Computer Science from National Institute of Technology, Durgapur with distinction, 2012
Teaching Assistant, CS112- Fall 2013
Department of Computer Science
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
110 Frelinghuysen Road
Piscataway, NJ 08854-8019, USA
Phone:(848) 219 2759
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Office: CBIM Room 16