Active Funding (Fall 2016)
- National Science Foundation (NSF) - Information and Intelligent Systems (IIS): "RI: Small: Taming Combinatorial Challenges in Multi-Object Manipulation" (PI: Kostas Bekris, co-PI: Jingjin Yu), IIS:1617744, 2016-2019 (amount: $468,500)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) - Early CAREER Faculty award: “Robust Planning for Dynamic Tensegrity Structures” (Single PI), Grant Number: NNX15AU47G, 2015-2018 (amount: $600,000).
- National Science Foundation (NSF) - Information and Intelligent Systems (IIS): “EAGER: Provably Efficient Motion Planning After Finite Computation Time” (Single PI), IIS:1451737, 2014-2016 (amount: $175,000)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) - “Robust Path Planning for Space Exploration Rovers” (PI), 2013 NASA Space Technology Research Fellowship for Zakary Littlefield, Grant Number NNX13AL71H, 2013-2017 (amount: $272,000)
- National Science Foundation (NSF) - United States-Israel Collaboration in Computer Science - Travel Grant: “A Framework for Composite Techniques in Motion Planning” (United States PI), BSF:2012166, 2013-2017 (amount: $40,000)
- North Pacific Research Board (NPRB) - Annual Research Award: “Developing telemetry-based payload control for determining the distribution and movements of marine fish using autonomous underwater vehicles” (co-I), Project 1529, 2015-2016, (total amount: $150,000 - participation $35,000).
- The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey (NY/NJ PA) - “Crowd Management and LiDAR to Assist with Crowd Management and PA Bus Terminal Redesign” (co-PI), PI: Dr. Fred Roberts, 2015-2016 (total award: $500,000 - participation $75,000).
- Intelligent Automation Inc. - Subcontract “Bio-Inspired Visual Navigation: From Landmarks via Bearing to Controls” (Rutgers PI), 2014-2015 (amount: $230,000)
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Cyber-Physical Systems - Small: “Real-time, Simulation-based Planning and Asynchronous Coordination for Cyber-Physical Systems” (single PI), Award CNS 0932423, 2009-2013 (amount: $599,970).
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) - “Advanced Computer Vision, Robotics, and Visualization Algorithms for Improving Planetary Exploration and Understanding” (coPI), PI: Dr. George Bebis, 2011-2012 (total award: $1,125,000 - participation: $75,000).
- Office of Naval Research (ONR) - “Extending the Mission: Air Support in Intelligent Aggressors” (coPI), PI: Dr. Sushil Louis, 2010-2012 (total award: $495,000 - participation: $120,000).
- Nevada NASA Space Grant Consortium
- Travel Support Award to visit the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, 2012 (amount $1,000).
- Mentoring NV NASA Space Grant Scholars award, 2012 (amount: $2,000).
- Workforce Development Award: “Workforce Development in Computer Vision and Robotics” (coPI), PI: Dr. George Bebis, 2010-2011 (total award: $80,000 - participation: $32,000).
- Senior Design Project Award: “Teleoperation of a Segway Robotic Mobility Platform”, (coPI), PI: Dr.
Yaakov Varol, 2010 (total award: $5,000 - participation: $2,000).
- Curricula Development Award: “Curricula Development for Autonomous Space Exploration Systems” (single PI), 2009 (amount: $10,000).
- Rutgers University - Faculty Ambassador Program, Fall 2012.
- University of Nevada, Reno - Student Techonology Fee Award: “Networking Reseacrh Lab” (coPI), PI: Dr. Mehmet Gunes, 2009, (total award: $35,000 - participation: $15,000).